Competition terms and conditions
- The Promoter is Ryan's, Ryan's is a trading name of James Hallam Ltd. Registered office: 156 South Street, Dorking, Surrey RH4 2HF. Registered in England No: 01632840.
- The competition is open to beach huts only and the Promoters definition of beach hut is final.
- Competition closing date and time is 6th September at 12:00. After this date and time no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- The competition is open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of Ryan’s, James Hallam Ltd, Seventeen Group Ltd and their close relatives, Millie's Beach Hut employees and owners, employees of Orion Books and their close relatives and close relatives of Veronica Henry and anyone otherwise connected with these organisations or judging of the competition. There is only one entry permitted per person. You must be the owner or registered user of the beach hut. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary for entry to this competition.
- To enter you must complete our online form. The Promoter reserves the right to reject any entry which is incomplete or illegible or contains photographs that are subject to copyright.
- The Promoter has the right to disqualify any entry not made in accordance with these terms and conditions. Third party or bulk entries will be excluded from the draw. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are not received by the Promoter.
- The top five finalists will be selected by Ryan's and notified on the 13th September 2021 by phone or email. The top five finalists will be announced via Social Media platforms Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Instagram and the press will be notified.
The winner, second and third places will be chosen jointly between Vicky Gunn of Millie's Beach Huts and Veronica Henry and announced on the 27th September 2021. The winners will be notified by phone or email on 27th September 2021.
If we do not hear back from the winner within seven days, we reserve the right to select a new winner.
We reserve the right to change the judges or judging process at any time.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be asked to be available at their beach hut for prize giving during the weeks commencing 4th October or 11th October 2021 (if current COVID-19 restrictions allow and it is safe to do so), when promotional photographs and videos may be taken. The winner may be asked to co-operate with the Promoter for publicity purposes if so required and agrees to have his/her name, photograph and postal town published.
- Provided the entries meet all eligibility criteria, prizes will be awarded as follows:
First prize - £300 by cheque or bank transfer plus free beach hut insurance for 12 months up to the value of £500 including insurance premium tax and a donation of £150 to the winners beach hut association or if not an association member, charity of their choice.
Free insurance must be taken out within 12 months of the 27th September 2021.
- Second prize - £200 by cheque or bank transfer
Third prize - £100 by cheque or bank transfer
All top five finalists will receive a certificate.
First, Second & Third place will receive a plaque for their beach hut.
Prizes are non transferable and there is no cash alternative. Prizes are subject to availability and Ryan's reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- By entering the competition, you agree for Ryan's and Millie's Beach Huts to use your details, your beach hut story and photographs for marketing purposes including social media. The main focal point of your photographs should be the hut, if any photographs feature people who are recognisable, you are responsible for making sure you have their permission for these to be used as per the terms and conditions. Should the photographs feature anyone under the age of 18, by accepting these terms and conditions you confirm that you are the Parent or Guardian and that you give permission for the images to be used as detailed above.
- By entering the competition you agree to Ryan's offering you an insurance quotation.
- By opting into receiving marketing emails you grant permission for Ryan's and Millie's Beach Huts to email you with information they feel is relevant to you.
- The information provided will be used in conjunction with the following Privacy Notice.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by (English) law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of (England).
- By entering the competition you are deemed to have read and understood the terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them. If you breach any of the terms and conditions you will be disqualified.
- The Promoter shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this web page.
- The Promoter also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.