Ryan's Privacy Notice 1st May 2018
Ryan Insurance Group Ltd trading as Ryan's Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect will be processed by us. Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand our views and practices and your rights regarding your personal data. By visiting www.ryans.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of data protection legislation, the Data controller is Ryan Insurance Group Ltd trading as Ryan’s Ltd, Crane Hall, London Road, Ipswich IP2 0AL. The Data Protection Officer is Tracy Healey email email@example.com .
What information do we collect from you?
We will collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number and financial information, as well as special category data including information about health and criminal offences when necessary for the purpose of insurance.
• Information we collect from your use of our site. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
• Technical information, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, whereabouts you connected to our service and when, your internet service provider (ISP), what type of device you are using to access our service and what pages you visit.
• Information we collect when you call us. If you call us we will automatically collect the following information:
• the phone number used to call us
• a recording of all inbound and outbound calls.
• Providing us with your details online. This is information you may choose to provide us with using the ‘Request a Call Back’ or ‘Get a Quote’ pages on our site. It includes your name, address, telephone number, email address and preferences for receiving emails from us. Please let us know if any of this information changes so we can keep our records up to date.
Why do we collect this information?
We use this information in the following ways:
• Information you give to us. We use this information:
• in order to take steps necessary to assess whether we can enter into a contract with you and in order to perform our contract with you. This includes carrying out our obligations to you and providing you with our products and services;
• for the purpose of improving our service to you, to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
• to deal with any legal queries relating to your use of our service;
• to provide you with service communications so that you receive a full and functional service and so we can perform our obligations to you. These may be sent by email or by post or we may contact you by phone. These will include notifications about changes to our service;
• to provide our existing customers with marketing communications including, information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
• to provide non customers, with their consent, marketing communications including, information about goods and services we offer that we feel are relevant.
• Information we collect from your use of the site. We will use this information for the following purposes:
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
How long do we keep hold of your information?
• Whilst you are a customer we will keep information about you for the duration of the policy and for a maximum of seven years after the end of our relationship with you unless obligations to our regulators require otherwise or we are required to remove such data from our records. We will keep information relating to quotations provided but not taken up for 14 months and may contact you regarding further quotations during that time.
How is your data stored and kept secure?
We take your safety and security very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal and financial information. We adhere to appropriate storage and security measures and all information kept by us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We may transfer your data outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). We will only do so if adequate protection measures are in place in compliance with data protection legislation. We use the following protection measures:
• transferring to Commission approved countries;
• using Commission approved model contractual clauses;
• requiring companies we transfer data to be signed up to certification e.g. Privacy Shield for US.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What are your rights?
Where processing of your personal data is based on consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
You have the following rights. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at Data Protection Officer, Ryan Insurance Group Ltd trading as Ryan’s Ltd, Crane Hall, London Road, Ipswich IP2 0AL OR firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right:
• to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes; You can withdraw from marketing communications by following the 'unsubscribe' link in emails or by contacting the Data Protection Office above;
• to ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests provided that there are no compelling reasons for that processing;
• to request from us access to personal information held about you at no cost to you;
• to ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
• to ask for data to be erased provided that the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, you withdraw consent (if the legal basis for processing is consent), you exercise your right to object, set out below, and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for processing, the data is unlawfully processed, the data needs to be erased to comply with a legal obligation;
• to ask for the processing of that information to be restricted if the accuracy of that data is contested, the processing is unlawful, the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or you exercise your right to object (pending verification of whether there are legitimate grounds for processing);
• to ask for data portability if the processing is carried out by automated means and the legal basis for processing is consent or contract.
Should you have any issues, concerns or problems in relation to your data, or wish to notify us of data which is inaccurate, please let us know by contacting us using the contact details above. In the event that you are not satisfied with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority, which is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK, at any time. The ICO’s contact details are available here:
Changes to our Privacy Notice
This policy may be updated from time to time. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy Notice.
As with most websites, our site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to understand our website users to provide a better service.
GA tracks geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information identifies you personally. GA records your computer’s IP address which can be used to personally identify you but Google does not allow us to access this.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Notice should be addressed to Data Protection Officer, Ryan Insurance Group Ltd trading as Ryan’s Ltd, Crane Hall, London Road, Ipswich IP2 0AL OR email@example.com